- Atmel, North Shields, Tyne & Wear – In the Micro-processors unit, sprinkler protection was installed in the washing cells. The installation is all stainless steel within the solvent and acid rooms where the chips are washed.
- Alderman Leach School – The project at this primary school was a ground breaking development for Darlington council, being the first school where it has specified sprinkler protection. We designed, supplied and installed the entire sprinkler protection for the school.
- Instore Design Company – Design Consultants – We have recently fitted out the Done Capo unit in Gateshead and have in progress a series of retail installations in Dublin and other locations.
- Alcan Group – Design and installation of a deluge protection system for the cooling towers and currently working on a new anode forming complex.
- Proctor and Gamble – Re-design of the production hall sprinkler system in Seaton Delaval, Northumberland plant.
Sprinkler Protection New Systems & Upgrades
- Alcohol distillery – 1,000m of 250mm fire hydrant mains, 2 of FM diesel fire pumps, foam bund protection and deluge protection to distillery.
- Perfume & Aftershave manufacturer – 900m of ductile iromn mains, additional fire pump and water storage of 1,352m3, 4 of new spreinkler installations and remove part existing sprinklers to allow major factory expansion.
- Akzo Nobel – Design and installation of the sprinkler system for the yacht coatings warehouse and extended the protection of the solvent tank farm.
- Merck Sharp and Dohme, Northumbria – Numerous upgrades and new systems in the Cramlington chemical production plant.
- Lawson Mardon – Sprinkler protection system for the new production plant in Workington, Cumbria.
- Alnwick Castle, Northumberland – Fire Sprinkler protection to the Knights Quest interactive museum feature.
- Proctor & Gamble – Replacement of 200mm underground water mains. This contract included all civil works. As a special feature of this contract we maintained the existing fire sprinkler installations in operation whilst the water mains replacement work was carried out.
- We have undertaken substantial modifications to a fragrance facility which involves re-routing the 200mm fire mains and providing new sprinkler protection to a high density, within the new buildings.
- At a large laundry in Durham we have installed full sprinkler protection – 80,000 sqft, complete with new water supplies.
- We have upgraded the sprinkler protection at a large factory making household doors in Cumbria. We stripped out the existing sprinkler protection, with the factory in full prod, requiring very close co-operation between ourselves and the operations management team.
- For a major UK car manufacturer we have undertaken substantial enabling works for a new plant – including a new paint plant.
- At a UK paint manufacturer we have provided the external fire fighting monitors to the tank farm. They can throw out water 180 ft and discharge 750 gals per minute (an impressive sight to behold).
Fire Sprinkler Protection, Deluge Water Spray Installation
- Residential development, Durham – Fire sprinkler protection to thirty flats. For this fire sprinkler installation we acted as sub contractor to Newton Moor Construction.
- Glaxo Smith Kline, Irvine, Ayrshire – Deluge water spray installation to tanker off loading facility SR2.
- John Dickinson Stationery, Washington, Tyne & Wear – Upgrade of fire sprinkler protection within the factory, from production to product storage risk.
- Perfume Point, UK – We work closely with a shopfitting specialist and in this capacity we now design and install sprinkler systems for The Perfume Point outlets across the UK.
- A chemical company in the North East – We designed and installed new water spray protection around the production vessels and re-engineered the pipe arrangement as appropriate.
Over half of our clients are Factory Mutual insured and for such work we use only FM approved equipment. Our installations also comply with National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) standards.
Fire Protection Consultation for Local Authority, Commercial, Industrial & Private
Fire Safety Sprinkler Design Consultancy
Fire Logistics Ltd are often brought into projects by consulting engineers at early concept stage. We are asked to provide general arrangement drawings for the options under consideration. With these drawings we can give an estimated project costing which will be accurate to +/- 5%.
This service is also provided to local authorities and other commercial and industrial enterprises.
An example of such a client is Bailey Gomm, M&E consulting engineers / project managers. We acted as consultant for the new 200mm fire hydrant main at a pharmaceutical business in Harlow, Essex.
Sub Contract Sprinkler, Water Spray & Fire Pump House Design
Our services include the provision of sub contract labour and also sub contract design of the sprinkler / water spray / fire pump houses. All work undertaken on this basis is done under strict confidentiality.